DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.73What is MetroidRL
MetroidRL is a roguelike game based on the Metroid series.Current Status
Alpha 0.73, November 21 2010Features
* Nonlinear advancement: You must explore the base in order to overcome the different obstacles you will find.
* No experience levels: All advancement is based on the suit upgrades you find
* Tactical Combat: Use your available suit upgrades wisely
* Randomly generated levels
* 2.5D, a simulation of 3D on a 2D space
* Samus suit and enemies based on the Metroid seriesQuickstart
* Use Spacebar to fire your beam, '2' to charge and 'Ctrl' to jump.
* If you get lost on the screen, use 'L' to identify the icons.
* Use F1 to bring up the help screen
* Hit the enemies to destroy them and recover energy and weapons.
* When you reach the base, you can go through any of four elevators. Each one leads to a different area of the base. Use the base Decks as a recovery area if needed.ScreenshotsPlot
Contact with Galactic Federation Weaponry research facility has been lost 3 days ago.
Four scout ships sent to investigate the problem have been shot down by federation fire and a disruption field has covered the area surrouding the base, preventing long range scanners to detect activity.
Galactic Commander Adam Becgim, appointed leader of the base, has been preliminary judged as a rebel to the federation.
The base was built over a plasma shaft that goes deep into the planet; spontaneous bursts of plasma energy have been detected on the stratos of the planet, indicating possible activity from the base. Also, a class V unidentified space craft landed near the base 1 day ago.
Intergalatic hunter Samus Aran, a girl covered on mistery.
You have been assigned a mission: to land safely on X86.2 planet, infiltrate the base, neutralize the menace and recover secrets weaponry research sensitive material, under development on the 4 different areas of the base
You board your gunship and begin your journey to the planetHistory
MetroidRL was an entry for the 2006 Orange October Mingun 7DRL programming initiative, version 0.7DRL was produced there
An improved version 0.71 was released shortly after, in November the 1st 2006
Four years later, v0.72 was released, still at alpha stage.Requirements
MetroidRL requires Sun Java, which is probably already installed in your computer.
If you are unable to run the game once you download it, just browse to:www.java.com/getjava/
Follow the simple instructions and you will be running the game in no time.Disclaimer
This game is Freeware, which means you are encouraged to obtain it, try it and share it with your friends or enemies. Distribution via Cover CDs, inclusion on websites other than the official and other means of
non-official distribution, including mirroring, must be asked via email to the author whom will probably agree and just wants to keep track on where the game is available.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS SOFTWARE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Midi and Image files including in this standard distribution are based on artistic property of Nintendo Corporation. Their usage in this free public production is not supposed to challenge the rights of Nintendo CorporationCoverage
No Coverage yet